Since 2007 Cathy Poulin has raised the bar for the Garde Arts Center’s community partnerships as the Board of Trustees Educational Ambassador. Without her guidance and support the Garde’s literacy-based K-8 Schooltime Series would have disappeared from our stage.
For Cathy where there is a will – there is a way…
Whether it’s attending Schooltime Performances (where she is cheered by thousands of elementary school students, homeschoolers, parents and teachers like a rock star)
or designing multi-platform outreach projects such as:
- CT Student Art Exhibit (over a 200 pieces) exhibited in the Garde’s Oasis Room
- Yellow School Bus (providing free transportation)
- Online Scavenger Hunt – winner brings their class to a live event at the Garde and Wins a Bunk bed.
- Online Sleuths Contest – winner wins a gift card and brings their class to the Garde
- Connecting schools/teachers from CT/RI/MA to discover the joy of live and cinematic events
- Fostering collaborative opportunities with Social Service agencies and non-profit organizations such as:
United Way, Habitat for Humanity, Make a Wish, Big Brothers/Big Sisters, Tackle Sickle Cell,
Every Child Deserves a Bed, and many other “Cathy Makes Things Happen” events.
We look forward to our next adventure with Cathy!